All inspectors are State Level Plumbing and HVAC inspectors. All personnel within the department has a lateral capability of performing all phases of inspections from start to finish.
The following list is an updated list for all applicable codes used within the city limits of Jonesboro Arkansas. (Updated July 7, 2014)
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessibility
- 2012 Existing Building Code
- 2012 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code Vol. I: Fire
- 2012 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code Vol. II: Building
- 2012 Arkansas Fire Prevention Code Vol. III: Residential
- 2006 APC: Arkansas Plumbing Codes
- 2010 AMC: Arkansas Mechanical Codes
- 2014 NEC: National; Electrical Codes
- 2006 AFAG: Arkansas Fuel and Gas Codes
- 2014 Arkansas Energy Code (2009 IECC w/ supplements & amendments)
- 2012 International Building Codes
- 2012 International Residential Codes
- 2003 ICC/ANSI A117.1: American National Standards(ADA requirements)
Takes approximately 3 to 5 days from date submitted to Planning.
- Submit application to the Planning Department
- Planning distributes to Engineering for all flood plane issues
- Inspections does final approvals before issuing Permits
Note: When submitting to Planning with application ensure that you include foundation, walls and completed roof details. These must be in the plans in order for the Inspections department to issue the building permit.
Takes approximately 5 to 15 days from date submitted to Planning.
- Submit application to Planning
- Planning distributes plans to the Engineering, Fire Marshals and Inspections department for review.
- Once all reviews are completed and signed off the Inspections department will complete their review and sign off and issue Building Permit.