On behalf of the personnel and staff of the Jonesboro, Arkansas Fire Department, welcome to this web site. Jonesboro is a wonderful place to live and work, and we want to keep it that way by providing fire protection and life safety services to the people we serve... the citizens of our great community.
Our Mission Statement
To save lives, protect property, and serve our community as professionals with courage, commitment and compassion.
The Jonesboro Fire Department is staffed with 115 full time personnel.
The department is divided in to 4 divisions consisting of:
- Fire Prevention / Inspection / Investigation
The operations division is made up of 3 shifts that work on a duty cycle of 24 hours on duty and 48 hours off duty on a reoccurring basis.
The department operates from 7 stations strategically located throughout the city covering approximately 80+ square miles which includes the campus of Arkansas State University.
The department's primary response fleet consists of:
- 7 Pumpers
- 3 Aerial apparatus
- 2 Battalion Chief
Vehicles operated on an "as needed" basis includes:
- 1 Heavy Rescue Unit
- 1 Hazardous Materials vehicle along with a hazardous materials trailer equipped with haz-mat response equipment
- 1 tanker-pumper apparatus
- 2 brush trucks
- Reserve apparatus includes 2 pumpers
Fire Insurance Rating
Property owners within the City of Jonesboro enjoy a Class 1 ISO fire insurance rating.
- Acceptance Test for Sprinkler Systems (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Permit (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Submittal Guidelines (PDF)
- Fire Sprinkler Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Cooking Hood Permit Application (PDF)
- Jonesboro Civil Service Manual (PDF)
- Jonesboro Fire Department Standard Operating Guidelines (PDF)
- Pressure Reducing Valves (PDF)
- Sprinkler System Owner's Information (PDF)
- 2018 Test Notice (PDF)
- Fire Department Questionnaire (PDF)
- Liability Waiver (PDF)
- New Hire Info 2018 (PDF)
- Notice for Study Manuals (PDF)