Intention of Program
Owning a home is part of the American Dream. The Grants and Community Development team can assist those trying to achieve homeowner status with the application of CDBG funding. One of our primary goals is to help expand home ownership opportunities to our low and moderate income citizens.
- Must be a first time home buyer
- Home must be purchased within the city limits of Jonesboro
- Home cannot be located within flood zone
- Property must meet HUD Minimum Housing Quality Standards
- Household must meet Federal Income Guidelines
- Grant assistance for closing cost/down payment "out of pocket expense" of the buyer paid directly to the title company
- Applicant must complete Homebuyer Education Course with HUD approved counseling service online ( Link to Online HUD approved Housing Counseling Classes) or at the nearest agency (the nearest service currently available in Blytheville Link to Mississippi County, Arkansas Economic Opportunity Commision)
Homeownership Assistance Program Application (PDF)
Please fill out application and return to Project Coordinator. All require documentation must be included.
For help, contact Madelynn Williams at 870-336-7071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.