Metropolitan Planning Organization
The Jonesboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) is a transportation-planning body composed of locally-elected officials and representatives from state and local transportation agencies. The MPO's planning area includes the cities of Bay, Bono, Brookland, Jonesboro, and some unincorporated portions of Craighead County. The primary objective of the Jonesboro MPO is to prepare consensus-driven, fiscally-constrained plans for the development of a safe, efficient and affordable regional transportation system.
View Most Recent Newsletter I View All Newsletters
The MPO's major work activities include:
- The Metropolitan Transportation Plan, which outlines a vision for the development of the regional transportation system and prioritizes transportation investments in the MPO area over a period of 25 years.
- The Transportation Improvement Program, which identifies transportation projects that are scheduled for implementation in the MPO area over a period of 4 years.
- The Unified Planning Work Program, which describes the planning activities that the MPO intends to undertake within the program year.
- The Public Participation Plan, which outlines the MPO's methods for involving the public in the transportation planning process.
- The MPO provides technical assistance relating to transportation and development planning; conducts special transportation studies; develops maps and other data products for use by planners, developers, elected officials and other stakeholders; and engages in a variety of other activities that promote regional planning.
The Jonesboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other federal equal opportunity laws and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, religion or disability, in admission or access to and treatment in MPO programs and activities, as well as the MPO’s hiring or employment practices. Complaints of alleged discrimination and inquiries regarding the MPO’s nondiscrimination policies related to hiring or employment may be directed to Mr. Dewayne Douglas, Director of Human Resources, City of Jonesboro, P.O. Box 1845, Jonesboro, Arkansas, 72403-1845, Phone No. (870) 933-4640. Mr. Douglas can also be contacted at the following email address: DDouglas@jonesboro.org.
Title VI complaints related to MPO programs and activities may be directed to Ms. Erica Tait, MPO Director/Title VI Coordinator, Jonesboro MPO, P. O. Box 1845, Jonesboro, Arkansas, 72403-1845, (870)933-4623 (Voice/TTY 711). Ms. Tait can also be contacted at the following email address: ETait@jonesboro.org. Free language assistance for Limited English Proficiency individuals is available upon request.
This notice is available from the Title VI Coordinator in large print, on audio tape, and in Braille.