Special Event Permit Application

The information requested on this form will be used to determine your eligibility for a Special Event

Permit with the City of Jonesboro Parks and Recreation Department. This form must be filled out to

its entirety in order to proceed.

Special Event Permits are required for events that are exclusive to the City of Jonesboro Parks

facilities and only affect the park and/or park facilities. Such events include, but are not limited to:

walk-a-thons, athletic tournaments, festivals, and/or other organized activities.

Other qualifying events include, but are not limited to:

• Events that are advertised and/or are open to the public

• Events with a participation fee

• Events that go beyond the scope of "normal" park use

• Training runs or walks of 30 or more people

• Non-profit organizations or individuals sponsoring smaller and/or on-going classes or programs

• Events that require partial or exclusive use of an area of a park or park's facility.

Other qualifying activities include, but are not limited to:

• Use of amplified music

• Use of PA systems

• Bands or Disk Jockeys

• Use of bounce houses

• Large tents (20'x20' and larger)

• Outside catering companies or food trucks

• Any event involving the sale of food or other items

• Races, fishing tournaments, sports, or other organized competitions

• Any event where tickets are sold or fees are charged for participants

• Weddings